This nourishing bowl of Vanilla Maple Almond Butter Overnight Oats is the definition of breakfast made EASY and delicious. These oats are rich in fiber, protein and heart-healthy omega-3 fats to help you power through your morning routine without missing a beat.
This overnight oats recipe is SO easy. Like, silly easy. But that's what I love about it because it takes 5 minutes to prepare and you likely already have most of the ingredients on hand.It's only Tuesday but this week already seems like a doozy. Between a LOVELY tropical storm that's been sweeping through the south east and having what seems like an endless stream of work to do, quick and easy meals have been so necessary.
With little desire to brave the floods and intermittent downpours, my grocery game is definitely not on point at the moment. In fact, my breakfasts, snacks and desserts have pretty much all consisted of breakfast cake and overnight oats which I am definitely NOT complaining about 😉 One of the many things I love about this staple overnight oats recipe is that you can customize it as much as your heart desires. Pretty much ANY topping is a good fit, whether you stick half your pantry on it or take more of a minimalist approach. I pictured both, but you guys know I can never have enough nutritious toppings. Decisiveness is not my strong suit.
But one of the things I can never go without in my oats (like, it's literally a non-negotiable) is some form of nut butter. Not only does it add that desirable nutty taste, but it also instantly creates a silky, even CREAMIER texture that I just can't get enough of.
Nutty for nut buttahhh!These oats have a nice mild sweetness and slightly resemble the taste of pancakes with their rich flavors of maple and vanilla. Comforting, satisfying and simply delicious.
If you need a little extra something to pull you out of bed tomorrow morning, I would highly recommend sticking a batch of these in the fridge tonight!
Vanilla Maple Almond Butter Overnight Oats
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon salted creamy almond butter*
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, almond butter and vanilla extract. I found it best to use a drippy almond butter for ease of mixing - I personally love Trader Joe's brand!
- Combine almond butter mixture, oats and almond milk in a mason jar with a lid or tupperware container. Shake or stir until thoroughly mixed. Refrigerate (covered) overnight or at least 6 hours. Add toppings of choice and dig in!
*If making gluten-free, use certified GF oats (Bob's Red Mill)
If you love overnight oats as much as I do, be sure to check out some of my other favorite recipes: