Welcome! I’m Jamie Vespa MS, RD, and this is Dishing Out Health, a health-centric food blog focusing on all things delicious.
- Location: Denver, CO
- Age: 31
- Credentials: Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist
- Education: B.S. Dietetics, Florida State University 2010; M.S. Clinical Nutrition, Florida State University 2012
- Years Blogging: 7
- Previous Job(s): Nutrition Editor at Cooking Light Magazine; Clinical Nutrition Specialist at Tampa General Hospital
- Children: 1 toy Poodle named Winston (“Winnie”)
- Favorite food(s): French toast, crispy fried Brussels sprouts, fish tacos, pasta bolognese
I grew up in the Tampa area, but currently live in Denver, Colorado with my toy poodle, Winston. Prior to moving out to the mountains, I lived in Birmingham, Alabama where I worked as the Assistant Nutrition Editor at Cooking Light magazine. My past work experience also includes working as a Clinical Nutrition Specialist at a hospital in Tampa, where I mainly counseled organ transplant recipients.
I completed both my undergraduate Dietetics degree and graduate Clinical Nutrition degree at Florida State University (Go Noles!). I truly believe in the power of cooking and food to heal, inspire, and help us thrive. Cooking has not only been a creative outlet for me, but also a means for me to connect with people, my inner self, and ultimately land me my dream job.
I love plants. You’ll notice a lot of plant-based recipes on the blog, but I enjoy all foods in moderation. You can easily search for gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan/vegetarian recipes on the blog based on your dietary preferences or health needs.
My philosophy is that eating healthy should be rewarding, uncomplicated, and most importantly, delicious. To check out some of my favorite recipe creations, click here. I’d love to hear from you and find out what kind of recipes you’d like to see more of. For any questions/inquiries/comments/musings, click here.
If you make any Dishing Out Health recipes, be sure to tag me @dishingouthealth so I can see your beautiful creations!Thanks for stopping by!