Peach and blackberry crisps with a toasty streusel-like topping and honey-whipped goat cheese. These simple, fruit-filled crisps are the perfect summer treat for brunch or dessert.When all that gorgeous summer fruit starts showing up at the farmers’ market, what better way to use it up than bake it under a sweet, crumbly oat topping until the juices are bubbling?
It’s basically everything incredible about your standard fruit pie, except with the added bonus of a delectable crunch from the topping. My love for these wondrously light and bubbly crisps knows no bounds. The beauty of a crisp is that it works with practically any fruit. A mix of stone fruit and berries is my personal preference, but use any combination you like! I used blackberries, juicy Georgia peaches, and fresh basil for these, which was the perfect mix of sweet, tart, and refreshing.
3 Other Summer Combos to Try:
Strawberry + rhubarb + mint
Nectarine + cherry + vanilla
Apricot + raspberry + gingerAnd can we please have a moment of gratitude for the honey-whipped goat cheese? I want to add it to EVERYTHING. In fact, I almost did yesterday. A hearty dollop was mixed in my fruity breakfast salad, yogurt parfait, and BBQ-jackfruit pizza. And I’m not even close to being over it.
Just 3 simple ingredients: whole-milk Greek yogurt, honey goat cheese, and a tad more honey (or light agave syrup) for good measure. It’s pure BLISS.As I mentioned, these crisps are super simple and easy to throw together. They’re not even worth breaking out a food processor for (your hands are the perfect tools for the job). You can either bake them into small ramekins for single-serve desserts, or in one big casserole dish, family style. Whether it’s a casual dinner party, swanky summer soiree, or 4th of July cookout, these fruit crisps are everything you and your hungry guests could ever need. Just don’t get too selfish with the goat cheese topper. 😉
- 3 cups diced peaches
- 6 oz. blackberries (about 1½ cups)
- 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup oat flour
- 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 3 Tbsp. cold butter, cut into small pieces
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Honey-Whipped Goat Cheese
- ½ cup whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. honey goat cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. honey or light agave syrup
- ½ tsp. lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine filling ingredients in a large bowl. Let stand 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine topping ingredients, working butter into the dry ingredients with your fingertips until no dry spots remain.
- Divide filling mixture evenly among five 6-oz. ramekins coated with cooking spray (or pour into an 8x8x2" glass baking dish coated with cooking spray). Sprinkle oat topping evenly overtop.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake until juices are thick and bubbling and topping is golden (35 minutes for ramekins or 45 minutes for baking dish). Cool for 20 minutes.
- Combine ingredients for honey-whipped goat cheese in a large bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat until fluffy, or mix by hand using a wire whisk. Dollop over fruit crisps.