This incredible no-bake s’mores pie is perfect for hot summer days. Layered with toasty graham cracker crust, decadently delicious chocolate avocado pudding and marshmallow-infused greek yogurt, it’s the ultimate guilt-free summer treat.
Is anyone else going totally nutso over all things s’mores right now? I want to eat every toasted marshmallow thing in sight. I want to blame the new s’mores Oreos for this current addiction, but s’mores have always been my favorite summer treat. Next to anything chocolate peanut butter, of course. I’ve been wanting to make a healthier s’mores dessert for quite awhile but it’s proven to be quite the challenge finding the right substitutions. Here’s the thing – I really couldn’t substitute the marshmallows themselves without sacrificing the sacred flavor of s’mores. So they’re still included (….maybe in abundance) and I’m totally ok with it.
It’s summer and it’s 4th of July weekend and if there’s any time to let your hair down, the time is now!No-bake desserts are the HOLY grail of summertime eats in my book. With these scorching hot temperatures in Florida, the thought of standing in front of the oven for any more than 7 seconds sounds like pure torture. I’d much rather opt for frozen yogurt, yogurt parfaits, cold fruit with cool whip, or obviously this pie.
Honestly, the most difficult thing about this pie is waiting for it to chill in the refrigerator. Every hour it chilled I had to find a new activity to occupy myself so I wouldn’t dig into it prematurely. Patience is not my strong suit. I can’t even tell you which layer of this pie I love most. The chocolate avocado pudding is seriously DIVINE. It’s thick and creamy and almost velvety in consistency. With the addition of cocoa powder, vanilla and a little sweetener, you really can’t taste the avocado at all.
And then there’s the blissful, pillowy marshmallow-infused Greek yogurt that I seriously want to eat for breakfast every morning. A little marshmallow fluff went a long way in terms of flavor, so I was able to keep the total sugar content down to a reasonable amount. The toasty marshmallows on top are not TOTALLY necessary, but trust me, they really bring the s’mores experience to life. It’s truly the BEST way to finish off this long, glorious 4th of July weekend. Cheers, friends!
No-Bake Healthier S'mores Pie
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs I used Honey Maid, honey flavor -- you'll need about 10 full sheets of graham crackers
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp milk of choice I used almond milk
- **Chocolate Avocado Pudding**
- 2 small extra ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup milk of choice I used almond milk
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp Truvia baking blend or granulated sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- **Marshmallow Yogurt**
- 1 cup 0% fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup marshmallow fluff
- 2 tbsp Truvia baking blend or granulated sweetener of choice
- Optional topping: 1 1/4 cups mini marshmallows
- Add graham crackers to a food processor and blend until they turn into fine crumbs. Add coconut oil and milk and blend again until combined.
- Spray a 9 inch pie pan with non-stick cooking spray and add graham cracker mixture. Press mixture firmly into pan and slightly up the sides (using a flat bottomed measuring cup to help pack it down and smooth out the surface is helpful). The crust should be very tight and compact to hold together. Place in the refrigerator.
- Rinse out your food processor and begin making chocolate pudding by blending avocados until smooth. Add cocoa powder, milk, Truvia, vanilla and sea salt and blend again until well-combined.
- Remove pie pan from fridge and pour in chocolate pudding, using a rubber spatula to spread out evenly over graham cracker crust.
- Next, combine greek yogurt, marshmallow fluff and Truvia into the bowl of an electric mixture. Beat on medium speed for ~1 minute until well-combined and creamy. Spread mixture evenly over chocolate pudding layer.
- This next step is optional, but if you'd like to add a top layer of marshmallows, spread them out evenly over yogurt layer (you can also throw in a couple chocolate chips!). Turn oven broiler to HIGH and broil for about 45-60 seconds, watching very closely to avoid burning. You just want them to get golden and toasty.
- Place pie in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours to set. When ready to serve, sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over the top and slice into 10 slices. Enjoy!
What’s your favorite summer dessert?
What’s your best memory of eating s’mores?