Key lime coconut parfaits with graham cracker granola embody all there is to love about key lime pie in a dairy-free, nutrient-charged parfait.This post is in partnership with So Delicious Beverages and Yogurt Alternatives. I have been compensated for my time commitment, however all opinions are my own.
Now that spring is in full swing, I’m craving all the warmer-weather foods: green salads, spring veggie tarts, and citrus-spiked yogurt parfaits. Especially coming off the heels of months of snow along with single-digit temps and therefore, relying on piping hot oatmeal every morning to warm me up.Growing up in Florida, key lime pie was a permanent pillar on most dessert menus. In fact, it wasn't uncommon to see a dozen different signs for "best key lime pie in town" when strolling along any coastal city.
What Do Key Limes Taste Like?
Key limes are more tart and aromatic than the common Persian limes seen year-round at grocery stores, and maybe only one fourth the size. Luckily, a little of their juice and rind go a long way and can add invigorating citrus splendor to drinks, desserts, and breakfast items.These key lime coconut parfaits are at once refreshing and toasty, tart and sweet, crunchy and creamy, and naturally dairy-free thanks to the use of So Delicious Coconutmilk Yogurt Alternative.
Even as someone who consumes dairy in small doses, I’ve always loved the unique creaminess and flavor options available in this line of coconutmilk yogurt alternatives. All So Delicious projects are plant-based and verified by the Non-GMO Project’s product verification program.
How to Make Stovetop Granola:
This graham cracker granola is unique in the fact that it doesn't require you to fire up the oven. Instead, the oats are cooked in a skillet until golden-brown and fragrant. Once they're done, let them cool on a rimmed baking sheet and stir in coconut flakes or dried fruits, if you'd like!
This recipe, in particular, is endlessly riffable (use any mix of nuts and seeds you like), lightly sweetened, supercharged with whole grains, and, most importantly, comes together in just 15 minutes.
Nutritious enough to start the day, yet sweet enough to satisfy an evening dessert craving, these parfaits are the perfect welcome to spring.
Other Healthy Breakfast Ideas:
Healthy Baked Red Velvet Donuts
Orange-Scented Turmeric Overnight Oats
Key Lime Coconut Parfaits with Graham Cracker Granola
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon or cardamom
- ¼ cup lightly crushed graham crackers
- ¼ cup toasted coconut flakes
- 4 5.3-oz. containers So Delicious Key Lime Coconutmilk Yogurt Alternative (alternatively, use Vanilla flavor and add a total of ½ tsp. key lime zest plus 2 tsp. fresh key lime juice)
- Optional garnish: thinly sliced key limes or Persian limes
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add oats and pecans; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and toasted. Stir in honey (or maple syrup), salt, cinnamon (or cardamom), and graham crackers. Cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in coconut flakes. Spread evenly on a baking sheet and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Prepare parfaits by layering So Delicious Coconutmilk Yogurt Alternative with granola in a bowl or glass. Add garnishes of choice, if desired.