Roasted cauliflower and potato salad with tarragon tahini and arugula: A vibrant, herbaceous side dish or entree for all of your weeknight salad needs.
Roasted Cauliflower and Potato Salad:
It’s time to hit the reset button on your potato salad. These spuds are roasted and tossed with an herby mayo-free dressing to keeps things light and bright. Roasted cauliflower adds texture and nuttiness, plus a fair amount of fiber. Arugula adds freshness and a peppery edge, which ensures a balanced bite from start to finish.
Enjoy this salad as a light lunch, or as a side dish to accompany any protein. For example, roasted chicken, grilled fish, veggie burgers, or anything hot off the grill. I also love it with some cubed soft-boiled eggs tossed it for an extra hit of protein.
If you’re making it ahead, just wait to toss in the arugula right before serving (the delicate leaves wilt quickly).
How to Make Tarragon Tahini Dressing:
Fresh tarragon infuses this picnic-perfect salad with lovely anise notes and a bittersweet punch. If you’re not familiar with the flavor, it’s definitely an herb worth getting to know. It can give life to simple salads and dips, and infuse cocktails with layers of depth. And paired with my favorite condiment (tahini!), it just absolutely shines.
My go-to tahini brand is Soom, which adds nutty depth and unparalleled creaminess to the dressing. If you’d like to try any Soom products, use code #dishingouthealth at checkout to save 10% on all orders!
This salad is dreamy, creamy, and everything your standard potato salad has always aspired to be. If you give it a try, be sure to tag #dishingouthealth so I can see your beautiful creations!
Other Healthy Salad Recipes to Try:
Roasted Cauliflower and Potato Salad with Tarragon Tahini
- 1 small head cauliflower chopped (about 6 cups)
- 4 cups quartered baby potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt divided
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper divided
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp. tahini sesame seed paste
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 2 tsp. freshly chopped tarragon
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 2 cups arugula
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat two baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Place cauliflower, potatoes, oil, 3/4 tsp. of the salt, 1/4 tsp. of the black pepper, coriander, and cumin in a large bowl; toss to combine. Spread mixture evenly on baking sheets, avoiding any overlap. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, tossing once halfway through, until tender. Let cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Combine tahini, lemon juice, and water in a small bowl; whisk to combine. Add tarragon, sugar, vinegar, garlic, remaining 1/4 tsp. salt and black pepper; stir to combine. Pour tahini sauce over potato mixture; toss to combine. Add arugula; gently toss to combine.