Goes With Everything Tahini Sauce will become a regular in your rotation for its simplicity and versatility. Use it on everything from grilled meats to salads, sandwiches, and grain bowls.
This post is sponsored by Soom Foods. I was compensated for my time, however all opinions are my own.
Let me start by applauding this spicy-sweet-savory sauce for re-establishing my belief in pure magic. It's as dynamic as it is versatile, and doesn't even require the heavy kitchen artillery (for example, a food processor or blender). All you need is a bowl, a whisk, and the following essential ingredients to get totally lost in the sauce:
Nutty, creamy, and deeply savory, Soom Tahini is made from 100% roasted and pressed Ethiopian White Humera sesame seeds. Its texture is unctuous and supremely smooth (similar to that of a loose nut butter) and flavor is rich with nuanced bitterness. Additionally, Soom Tahini is a great source of plant-based calcium, iron, and heart-healthy fats.
SOOM SILAN DATE SYRUP
This all-natural date syrup is made from 100% steamed and pressed dates, and boasts a rich, caramel-like sweetness. Soom Silan is lower on the glycemic index scale than honey and maple syrup, plus has almost 4x the potassium and 8x the fiber. Additionally, it’s a rich source of other essential nutrients, including calcium, magnesium, manganese, and iron.
CHILI GARLIC SAUCE
This Asian condiment is a lively blend of coarsely ground chilies, garlic, vinegar, and salt. It adds just a touch of heat and rich complexity to sauces and marinades, plus a beautiful red-orange hue. Chili-garlic sauce is available in Asian markets and in the Asian section of most supermarkets.
I think we can agree that all dynamite sauces employ the use of acid to bring them to life. Sherry vinegar is more complex than apple cider or red wine vinegar, and offers a clean brightness.
It may seem like the wildcard ingredient here, but curry powder offers addictive, aromatic flavor that gives the sauce well-rounded depth. Use either regular curry powder or Madras-style, which packs a little more heat.
What to Eat with Tahini Sauce:
In short, pretty much anything you can think of will be elevated with this sauce. For example, grilled chicken or shrimp skewers, burgers, grain bowls, roasted vegetables, and even flatbread pizzas. Alternatively, you could thin it out and use it as a dressing to anchor a bowl of salad greens.
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag #dishingouthealth and #soomfoods so we can see your unique applications of this addictive sauce. And, if you’d like to try any Soom products, you can get 10% off your order on soomfoods.com by using the code ‘dishingouthealth’ at checkout!
More Tahini Sauce Recipes:
BBQ Cauliflower Tacos with Green Tahini Sauce
Broccoli Fried Rice with Turmeric-Tahini Sauce
Goes with Everything Tahini Sauce
- ¼ cup Soom Tahini
- 1 Tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Soom Silan date syrup
- 2 tsp. chili garlic sauce
- ½ tsp. curry powder
- 3-4 Tbsp. water
- ¼-1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- **Optional Shrimp Skewers**
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined shrimp
- ½ red onion cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 lemon sliced thin
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- Oil for grill pan or outdoor grill grates
- Prepare sauce by combining tahini, vinegar, date syrup, chili garlic sauce, and curry powder in a bowl. Gradually whisk in water in 1 tablespoon increments until sauce is smooth, and desired consistency is achieved. Start by seasoning with ¼ teaspoon salt, adding up to ½ teaspoon to taste.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 10 days, or use on grilled shrimp skewers below:
- SHRIMP SKEWERS:
- Thread shrimp, red onion, and lemon slices onto 4 skewers. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Prepare a grill or grill pan for medium-high heat; clean grates well, then oil. Grill shrimp, turning once, until cooked through and lightly charred, about 5 minutes total. Serve with tahini sauce.
Bet you could use this as a stir fry sauce.......hmmmm...thinking, thinking, thinking.
Yes, totally! It’s honestly delicious on anything