BBQ cauliflower tacos with green tahini sauce are hearty and healthy with bright flavors for a fresh dinner. These vegan and gluten free wonders are weeknight-friendly and omnivore-approved. Firstly, I don’t think I’ve ever actually posted a taco recipe on Taco Tuesday. My reasoning, however, is that I think every day should be taco day, with a concentrated focus on Monday. Therefore, I can’t think of a better way to start the week than with the world’s most universally loved food—the almighty taco.
Tacos and tahini basically compose my love language, so the fact that this combines the two makes my heart burst with excitement. These tacos take the finger-licking beauty of a BBQ wing experience and wrap it in a tortilla. Balanced by a creamy sauce and cooling, crunchy fixings, these bold tacos are the perfect route to plant-based bliss.
Now, let’s take sauce, which stars my go-to powerhouse seed butter: tahini.
How to Make Green Tahini Sauce:
This creamy, vibrant dressing gets an herbaceous lift from cilantro and bright finish from lemon. A hit of garlic and cumin make for a more dynamic dressing with endless drizzling potential, so use any leftovers on grain bowls or hearty salads.
My go-to tahini is Soom brand because it’s unctuous and supremely smooth with rich flavor and nuanced bitterness. Additionally, Soom has recently released an amazing Silan date syrup that I’ve been adding to my oatmeal for a jolt of caramel-like sweetness. If you’d like try out any Soom products, you can get 10% off your order by using the code ‘dishingouthealth’ at checkout!
What Goes on Cauliflower Tacos?
In terms of the toppers, thinly shredded purple cabbage adds colorful crunch, which is countered by cool and creamy avocado slices. Additionally, fresh cilantro brightens each bite and a final squeeze of lime juice lends a zippy finish.
Because of the inherent meatiness of roasted cauliflower, these are kind of tacos you could impress even the most devout omnivores with. They’re hearty without feeling heavy, and a complete flavor fiesta. If you needed further convincing that tacos are the perfect food, just make this recipe. And be sure to tag #dishingouthealth on Instagram so I can see your beautiful creations. Lastly, if you have a chance, come back and comment below and rate the recipe—it helps tremendously in terms of web searches!
More Healthy Taco Recipes:
BBQ Cauliflower Tacos with Green Tahini Sauce
- 6 cups chopped cauliflower florets from 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt divided
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper divided
- 1/3 cup store-bought or homemade BBQ sauce
- 1/3 cup tahini such as Soom
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves plus extra for garnish
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 8 corn tortillas toasted
- Optional toppings: shredded purple cabbage sliced avocado
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss cauliflower with oil, and 1/4 tsp. each of the salt and black pepper. Spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Brush with half of the BBQ sauce. Bake for 30 minutes, tossing once halfway through. Brush with remaining BBQ sauce.
- While cauliflower bakes, combine tahini, cilantro, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, and remaining 3/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. black pepper in a small food processor or blender; blend until texture is similar to pesto. With motor running, gradually drizzle in 5 Tbsp. water and blend until sauce is light green and creamy.
- Assemble tacos by filling toasted tortillas evenly with BBQ cauliflower. Top with shredded red cabbage and sliced avocado, and drizzle with green tahini sauce. Garnish with extra cilantro leaves, if desired.