Chili-Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Tacos topped with a refreshing mango salsa. These vegan cauliflower tacos are packed with feel-good, flavorful ingredients.
Why You'll Love these Vegan Cauliflower Tacos
Crispy and boldly spiced, these tacos are a vegetarian dream dinner that meat eaters will also happily devour.
Thanks to protein-packed chickpeas and fiber-rich veggies, this hearty, healthy meal will leave you feeling full and fueled.
These tacos offer an assortment of textures and flavors, plus a little kick of spice - everything that makes a taco so beloved.
The sweet, refreshing mango salsa is the perfect counter to the spice of the taco seasoning. Feel free to also garnish each taco with a dollop of yogurt or spritz of lime juice.
- Cauliflower: You need one medium head of cauliflower, which should amount to 6 to 7 cups of florets. Cauliflower is a great low-calorie, goes-with-everything veggie
- Chickpeas: For a one-two punch of protein and fiber, chickpeas are roasted alongside the cauliflower florets.
- Spices: A mix of chili powder, cumin, and smoked paprika makes the tacos robust and smoky.
- Mango: You need 1 cup of fresh cut mango, which amounts to 1 medium mango. Just make your mango is sufficiently ripe, which makes the slicing and dicing infinitely easier.
- Bell Pepper: I prefer using red bell pepper for the salsa, however you can also use yellow or orange.
- Jalapeño: Make sure you remove the seeds and ribs to reduce the spice.
- Cilantro: Chopped fresh cilantro does double duty in the mango salsa and as a garnish.
- Lime: For freshness and a little acidity to cut through the sweetness of the mango.
- Tortillas: You can use flour, corn, or any gluten-free tortilla you like. Just make sure you warm the tortillas in a pan or over a gas flame.
For a full list of ingredients and quantities, see the recipe card below.
- Skip the tortilla! Try serving the roasted cauliflower and crispy chickpeas over a bed of arugula or quinoa with your choice of toppings for a healthy vegetarian taco bowl.
- Add Sauce: The green tahini sauce is these BBQ Cauliflower Tacos is a fan favorite.
- Add Avocado: The Avocado-Mango Salsa on these Chipotle Shrimp Tacos would be incredible on vegan cauliflower tacos.
Step 1: Prepare cauliflower and chickpeas by tossing them in oil and spices, and arranging on a baking sheet.
Step 2: Roast cauliflower and chickpeas at 425ºF for 30 to 35 minutes, tossing once halfway through, until crisp.
Step 3: Prepare mango salsa by combining mango, bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, and lime juice in a bowl. Season with salt and toss to combine.
Step 4: Assemble tacos by warming your tortillas and filling with cauliflower and chickpea mixture, a scoop of mango salsa, and a dollop of yogurt (if desired).
Store cauliflower mixture and mango salsa in separate airtight containers for up to 5 days. The chickpeas will become softer as the filling sits.
When ready to reheat, warm the cauliflower mixture in the microwave or in a 350ºF oven until warm.
The filling tastes best right out of the oven (the chickpeas lose some crispness as they sit). To get ahead, chop the cauliflower up to 2 days in advance and refrigerate. The chickpeas can be drained in advance and left out to dry until ready to bake.
The neutral flavor of cauliflower works best here, however you can also use diced butternut squash or sweet potatoes. Mushrooms can also be substituted, however I suggest sautéing them instead of roasting.
I love serving these vegan cauliflower tacos alongside a salad. Here are some of my favorites:
- Moroccan Butternut Squash Salad: Gluten free, rich in key nutrients, and the perfect alchemy of sweetness and spice.
- Shishito and Corn Salad: Easy to make and always a crowd pleaser!
- Mexican Brussels Sprouts Salad: The creamy tomatillo dressing can double as a sauce for the tacos!
More Vegan Taco Recipes to Try:
Chili Cauliflower Chickpea Tacos with Mango Salsa (Vegan)
- Large rimmed baking sheet
- Mixing bowls
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- 6 cups cauliflower florets (from 1 medium head of cauliflower)
- 1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 8 corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- Optional for serving: a dollop of yogurt or drizzle of your favorite sauce
- 1 cup fresh diced mango
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh jalapeño (seeds and ribs removed) optional
- 3 Tbsp. fresh chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. In a large bowl, combine olive oil, chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, and salt; mix to combine. Add cauliflower florets and chickpeas and toss to coat in oil and spices. Spread on a large rimmed baking sheet, avoiding any overlap.Roast for 30 to 35 minutes, tossing once halfway through, until chickpeas are crisp and cauliflower is caramelized.
- Meanwhile, prepare mango salsa by combining all ingredients in a medium bowl; stir to combine. Let sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes.
- Fill each warm tortilla with cauliflower and chickpea mixture, and top with mango salsa. If desired, add a dollop of yogurt or drizzle of your favorite sauce.