10-minute warm brussels salad with zingy mustard dressing and pine nuts is a speedy, hassle-free salad or side dish. Serve it alongside any protein or enjoy it as is for a light, nutritious lunch. This is the definition of a minimalist recipe with maximum results. It’s been my go-to side dish lately, which I’ve been enjoying alongside baked fish, veggie burgers, or tossed with whichever cooked grains I have on hand. It’s fantastic warm, chilled, or at room temperature, and holds up beautifully for leftovers.
And incase the recipe name didn’t already hit this point home, it comes together in 10 MINUTES! It takes me longer to fill in my eyebrows every morning. You can throw it together just moments before you’re ready to serve dinner tonight. You can either shave the brussels sprouts on a mandoline or use a bag of pre-shredded brussels sprouts for convenience. I like to toss them in a super-hot skillet for 3 to 5 minutes just so they pick up a little color and wilt down ever-s0-slightly. This helps soften their tough, fibrous texture and makes their natural sweetness shine through.
The dressing is a zingy mix of whole-grain mustard, Greek yogurt, shallot, honey, and olive oil—items you may even already have on hand. The bite of mustard is mellowed by the honey and yogurt, creating a beautifully balanced dressing perfect for drizzling over any vegetable or protein situation. Feel free to double (or triple) the batch and use it as a flavor booster throughout the week.Top if off with pine nuts, toasted almonds, or whichever crunchy finisher you favor, and you have a delicious side-dish that is sure to be a hit at the table.
P.S.: It’s also great with bacon or pancetta. But you didn’t hear that from me.
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp. plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. whole-grain mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
- ½ tsp. kosher salt, divided
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 12 oz. shredded brussels sprouts
- 3 Tbsp. thinly sliced shallot
- 3 Tbsp. pine nuts
- Combine 1 Tbsp. of the oil, yogurt, mustard, honey, ¼ tsp. of the salt, and black pepper in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Whisk in water. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add brussels, shallots, and remaining ¼ tsp. salt; cook 4 minutes, stirring only occasionally, until slightly wilted and charred in some spots. Transfer to bowl with dressing; toss to combine. Sprinkle with pine nuts.