10-minute warm brussels salad with whole-grain mustard dressing is a hassle-free salad or side dish. Serve it alongside your protein of choice, or enjoy as is for a light, nutritious meal.
Why You'll Love this Warm Brussels Salad
This is the definition of a minimalist recipe with maximum results. It's been my go-to side dish lately, which I've been enjoying alongside baked fish, veggie burgers, or tossed with cooked grains, such as quinoa or farro.
It's fantastic warm, chilled, or at room temperature, plus holds up beautifully for leftovers.
And, incase the recipe name didn't already drive this point home, it comes together in 10 MINUTES! That is to say, you can throw it together just moments before you're ready to serve dinner tonight.
How to Shred Brussels Sprouts:
This can either be done using a mandoline or sharp knife.
- To start, hold the root end and slice the Brussels sprout crosswise until you come close to the root. Alternatively, you can shred the sprouts in a food processor fitted with the slicing attachment. Or, if you get lucky and find bags of pre-shredded Brussels sprouts at your local grocery store, go for it!
- Next, I like to toss them in a super-hot skillet for 2 to 3 minutes, just until they pick up some color and slightly wilt down. This helps soften their tough, fibrous texture, making their natural sweetness shine through.
How to Make Mustard Dressing:
The dressing is a zingy mix of whole-grain mustard, Greek yogurt, shallots, honey, and olive oil—items you may even already have on hand.
The bite of mustard is mellowed by the honey and yogurt, which creates a beautifully balanced dressing perfect for drizzling over veggies, meat, or fish.
Therefore, you'd certainly benefit from doubling the batch to use throughout the week on other meals in need for a flavor boost.
Lastly, top if off with pine nuts, toasted almonds, or whichever crunchy topper you like, and you have a delicious side-dish that is sure to be a hit. It's also great with bacon or pancetta, but you didn't hear that from me.
Other Easy Brussels Sprouts Recipes:
5 Ingredient Tahini-Thyme Brussels Sprouts
30 Minute Creamy Goat Cheese Pasta with Brussels
If you give this recipe a try, be sure to snap a pic and tag @dishingouthealth so I can see your beautiful creations! Also follow along on Pinterest and Facebook for the latest recipe updates.
10-Minute Warm Brussels Salad with Whole-Grain Mustard Dressing
- Large skillet
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1 Tbsp. plain whole-milk Greek yogurt (sub mayonnaise)
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. whole-grain mustard
- 1 tsp. honey (sub maple syrup)
- ½ tsp. kosher salt, divided
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 (12-oz. bag) shredded brussels sprouts
- 3 Tbsp. thinly sliced shallots
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. toasted pine nuts
- Shaved Parmesan cheese and/or pomegranate arils for garnish (optional)
- Combine 1 Tbsp. of the oil, yogurt, lemon juice, mustard, honey, ¼ tsp. of the salt, and ¼ tsp. black pepper in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Once hot, add Brussels and shallots; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring only occasionally, until slightly wilted and charred in some spots. Season with remaining ¼ tsp. salt and black pepper; transfer to the bowl with dressing and toss to combine.
- Garnish salad with pine nuts, Parmesan, and/or pomegranate arils, if desired.
My family loved this recipe. Never had shredded Brussel sprouts before, Amazing! Will definitely keep this recipe on rotation.
I'm so glad your family enjoyed this one, Tia! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!
I made this tonight to go with tomato soup. My husband and I loved it! We could only find garlic whole-grain mustard at the store, and it made a great dressing. I also recommend adding bacon!
Bacon is a PRO move! So glad it was a hit!
I shredded a whole bunch of sprouts on the weekend, sliced shallots and made the dressing. Now it's been an even easier weeknight side dish as I just need to saute one portion at a time and toss with some dressing. It's super tasty and very easy!