10 minute Thai broccoli and chickpea salad requires no cooking or chopping and comes together in one bowl. Vegan, gluten-free, and packed with plant protein and fiber.
The Best Broccoli and Chickpea Salad:
Can someone please tell me what day it is? I'm still stuck in the weird holiday time vortex and have yet to actually write the correct year on anything. I imagine I'll get it together and be back in the groove by mid-February at this rate. Until then, however, please make yourself a massive bowl of this salad to crunch on.
I asked you guys on Instagram what you wanted to see more of in 2019, and a lot of you said QUICK, minimal ingredient lunches and dinners. As such, I'm sharing this speedy, make-ahead salad. There are SO many benefits to this recipe worth highlight. In addition to being downright delicious, this salad also:
Requires ZERO chopping
Comes together in ONE bowl and in 10 minutes flat
Can be made up to 6 hours in advance
Is protein-packed, completely plant-based, and gluten-free
What is Quinoa?
One of the nutritional powerhouses in this salad is quinoa. This nutty-flavored pseudo-seed is packed with fiber and protein, and super versatile. I typically purchase mine from the bulk bin section at either Whole Foods or Sprouts Market because it's more cost-friendly. Try keeping a batch on hand for tossing into salads, grain bowls, soups, and pilafs for an instant nutrition boost.
Next, let's talk dressing! One of my favorite combinations for quick, easy dressings lately has been nut butter, vinegar, soy sauce (or tamari if making gluten-free), and a touch of honey. It's rich and unctuous with a nutty, umami-rich flavor profile.
Alternatively, sunflower seed butter works well if you or a family member have a nut allergy.Enjoy this salad as is for quick, make-ahead lunches, or add an extra protein boost by mixing in baked tofu, shredded rotisserie chicken, or sautéed shrimp.
Easy, versatile, nutritious, and guaranteed to become a salad staple.
Lastly, if you make this recipe, be sure to tag #dishingouthealth on Instagram so I can see your beautiful creations.
More Easy Salad Recipes:
Summer Squash and Fiesta Corn Salad
10 Minute Thai Broccoli and Chickpea Salad
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 ½ Tbsp. lower-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 Tbsp. light brown sugar or honey
- ¾ tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened nut milk or coconut milk
- 12-oz. bag broccoli slaw
- 15-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 cup cooked and cooled quinoa
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine peanut butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce (or tamari), sugar, and ginger in a large mixing bowl; mix well. Whisk in milk until smooth. (Note: if dressing appears too thick still, whisk in 1 additional Tbsp. milk or water).
- Add broccoli slaw, chickpeas, carrots, quinoa, basil, and mint to bowl; use tongs to toss well until dressing coats all ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, and serve up to 1 day later.
I can't wait to try your recipes , they are so good looking as well as inventive , Thank you for you tips and good luck ...