Turmeric yogurt chicken thighs are seared to perfection and topped with bright, refreshing radish and beet salad. This satisfying main is light on calories, yet full on flavor. I’m on another kick. This one even surprised me.
Just about every table at the farmers market this weekend offered beautiful plump radishes – daikon especially.
Radishes have this certain element of surprise to them. The skin gives ZERO indication of what the flesh is going to look like when you slice into it. Will it be purple? Lavender? A measly shade of pink? Let me tell you, daikon and watermelon radishes have been blowing me away with their beauty lately. I eat them raw dipped in hummus, shaved on avocado toast or chopped in a salad. SO GEWWD.Let’s backtrack. How was your weekend?! What did you do/eat/see? Did it feel like fall in your part of the world? We had beautiful weather here in Birmingham which I was SO thankful for with the visit of Adam and our pup, Winston. We spent the majority of the weekend outside at farmers markets, dog parks, trails, breweries and even at a food truck festival.
I love how dog-friendly this city is and Winston is absolutely loving all the fresh air and nature. He even scored himself a whole wheat maple bacon doggie ice-cream sandwich today at the festival! I mean, WHAT more could a pup for ask?? Besides every sock we own. Adam (..and Winston) agreed this is one of the best chicken dishes I’ve made. The turmeric yogurt coating keeps the chicken incredibly juicy while the outside acquires a beautiful caramelized crust. The warming spice of turmeric comes alive with each bite and creates the perfect contrast to the crisp, refreshing radish salad.
Light, yet filling. Cozy, yet fresh. It’s the kind of meal you want to experience all over again once you’ve finished.
….that’s like 90% of my meals, but you get the point. 😉Pair this chicken with roasted veggies and any grain you desire (I love it with quinoa, bulgar or farro) for a well-rounded, nutrient-rich meal. You could use the leftover chicken to toss on green salads or eat as a sandwich or wrap!
Or just eat it out of the Tupperware container standing at the fridge at 11PM in your pajamas like it ain’t no thang.
Not that I would know anything about that.So whataya say? Shall we add some vibrancy to our fall dinner line-up this week?!
*If you make this recipe, be sure to tag #dishingouthealth so I can see your beautiful creations!
Turmeric Chicken with Lemon Radish Salad
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/3 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice divided
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 golden beet sliced thin
- 1 radish watermelon or daikon, sliced thin
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives or tarragon
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Trim chicken thighs of most visible fat. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine garlic, yogurt, turmeric, honey and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Stir with a whisk. Place chicken in bowl and cover with yogurt sauce. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Place chicken thighs in pan, covering with remaining yogurt sauce. Cook ~3 minutes per side, until browned and cooked through.
- Place beet and radish slices in a bowl. Add lemon juice, olive oil and 1 tbsp herbs; toss to coat.
- Place chicken on a serving platter and top with radish/beet salad. Sprinkle remaining 1 tbsp of herbs on top. Serve!