This light and flavorful Chopped Greek Pasta Salad includes everything there is to love about a traditional Greek salad with a fun twist. It’s perfect for summer cookouts, potlucks, weekday lunches and everything in between.
Of all possible salad combinations, Greek salads will forever be my favorite. I probably eat a fully loaded Greek salad at least once a week and they never get old to me. I mean, loads of fresh veggies paired with briny olives, salty feta and zippy vinaigrette dressing. SERIOUSLY, the Greek Gods knew what they were doing. I brought this salad to our Father’s Day cookout last weekend and it was a big hit. Even my sister-in-law who lives off fast food and hostess cakes loved it. I mean, if THAT doesn’t gauge success of a healthy recipe, I don’t know what does ;).
Speaking of cookouts, you should totally add this to your July 4th menu! Along with this and maybe this, too. I can speak from recent experience that a light summery pasta salad is the perfect compliment to burgers on the grill and cold Summer Shandy Leinenkugel. Your crew will love you (even more!) for it. The dressing is super light and refreshing, made with only olive oil, fresh lemon juice, red wine vinegar and a few herbs and spices. I prefer my salads to be lightly dressed so I can really taste all of the ingredients, but you can always add additional olive oil or lemon juice if you prefer.
This salad also includes a boat load of fresh herbs. I’m talking 1 whole glorious cup! But that’s part of what gives it such a refreshing, crisp taste and lures you into getting seconds. This honestly may be the EASIEST pasta salad you’ve ever made. Chop, mix, dress, devour. That’s it. It can easily be assembled in 20 minutes top. The part that took me the longest was slicing the tomatoes because I would eat every other one I chopped. Efficiency at its finest, I know. Cherry tomatoes are just so gosh darn GOOD right now!! Summer, you rock.
Bright and colorful, refreshing and cooling, light and healthy. Dooooo it.
- 3 cups cooked Ditalini pasta (~6 ounces dry)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- ⅓ cup black olives, minced
- 6 ounces reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- A few pinches of black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package instructions. Drain and let cool ~10 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine tomatoes, red onion, green bell pepper, olives, feta cheese, parsley and basil in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients: olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add pasta into bowl and mix with veggies. Pour in dressing and toss well to combine. Serve!
What’s your favorite dish to bring to cookouts?
What’s your ideal summer salad?
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out some of my other summer salad recipes: