Tahini, oats, nuts, and berries join forces in a chewy, salty-sweet energy bar. These simple bars are made with wholesome ingredients and are naturally gluten free and vegan-friendly. Weekly game plan: make a batch of these fruit-and-nut-packed energy bars. Reach for one any time snack cravings strike. Repeat as often as necessary.
Simple as that!
These nutrient-dense bars have become my favorite snack to prepare. They cover all the bases of my snack requirements: chewy, crunchy, salty, sweet, and nutritious. And they do a fine job of keeping me away from the damn m&m case at work every afternoon.Tahini (aka liquid gold) is made from toasted ground hulled sesame seeds. It’s smooth, nutty and rich, with a slightly bitter finish and an unctuous mouthfeel similar to almond butter.
It pairs beautifully with sticky-sweet dates and delightfully crunchy pistachios. A friend of mine that tried these bars actually compared their taste to boiled peanuts. Mind you, I live in Alabama now and boiled peanuts are a sacred entity. Compliment accepted!Customize these bars to your liking by subbing the pistachios and/or Goji berries for any nut or fruit you like! Pumpkin seeds, hazelnuts, dried cranberries, or cherries would also be lovely additions.
Whip up a batch in 10 minutes, freeze to harden, and store leftovers in the fridge so they’re ready at a moment’s notice. Whether it’s for a pre- or post-workout energy boost, breakfast on-the-go, or to satisfy that 3 o’clock snack craving, these bars are dynamite.If you make this recipe, be sure to tag #dishingouthealth so I can see your beautiful creations!
No-Bake Tahini Energy Bars
- 1/3 cup tahini well-stirred
- 3 Tbsp. honey sub for brown rice syrup or agave if making vegan
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 5 pitted medjool dates finely chopped
- 1/4 cup salted pistachios roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Goji berries sub for dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Heat a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add tahini, honey, and coconut oil. Stir well. Once melted, remove from heat and pour into a large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Press dough firmly into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Freeze for 45 minutes. Slice into 8 bars. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.