Honey-Harissa Grilled Peach and Burrata Salad with rice and fresh mint is the perfect side for all of your summer entertaining needs. Vegetarian, gluten-free, and make-ahead friendly.
Honey-Harissa Grilled Peach and Burrata Salad:
There is SO much to love about this savory-sweet salad: the heat of harissa and acid from lime juice complement the sweet, jammy quality of grilled peaches like a summer dream. Add crunchy pepitas and the refreshing zing of mint and this salad will certainly become a regular in your rotation.
Additionally, this salad does right by even less-than-ripe peaches because grilling intensifies their natural sugars, as well as softens flesh. Which is to say, you can prepare this salad in late spring and into early fall when stone fruit isn't at its prime.
How Do You Cut a Peach in Half?
The easiest way to grill peaches is to slice them in half and remove the pit before tossing them on the grill grates. To start, place a peach on its side on a cutting board with a steady grip. Next, run a paring knife along the natural seam that runs around the whole circumference of the peach. After that, hold the peach in your hands and twist until the two halves break away from the pit and separate. If you experience resistance tearing the flesh from the pit, use a paring knife to cut around the pit to loosen it.
At this point, you can grill the peach halves (flesh-side down), or you can slice the halves into quarters to cover more surface area with grill marks (and therefore, more tasty char). The grill indentations work twofold in infusing the salad with smoky flavor, plus catching the chile-laced sauce and creamy dollops of burrata.
What to Serve with Burrata and Peach Salad:
In short, just about any baked or grilled protein (for example, grilled chicken, burgers, pork chops, or salmon), sandwiches, or flatbread pizza. The rice makes the salad hearty enough to double as both a side salad and starch, so it's certainly multi-functional.
Lastly, if you make this recipe, be sure to tag #dishingouthealth on Instagram so I can see your beautiful creations!
More Easy, Healthy Summer Salads:
Honey-Harissa Grilled Peach and Burrata Salad
- 1 cup dry black rice forbidden rice, Jasmine black rice, or wild rice
- 3 medium peaches about 1 lb.
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. mild harissa paste
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp. thinly sliced shallots
- ¼ cup fresh mint or basil leaves, torn
- 1 (8-oz.) ball burrata or fresh mozzarella cheese torn into pieces
- 2 Tbsp. toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Cook rice according to package instructions in vegetable broth or generously salted water.
- Meanwhile, cut each peach in half horizontally; discard pits. In a small bowl, combine oil, harissa, honey, and lime juice; season to taste with kosher salt. Brush half of mixture over flesh and skin of peaches, and let sit 5 minutes. Add shallots to bowl with remaining dressing.
- Heat a greased grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, grill peaches until lightly charred, about 2 minutes per side; set aside.
- Spread cooked rice on a serving platter, and arrange grilled peaches and burrata over rice. Drizzle remaining dressing (with shallots) overtop; garnish with pepitas and mint leaves (or basil).