5 ingredient tahini-thyme brussels sprouts come together in just 20 minutes, yet are elegant enough for entertaining. Serve as a Thanksgiving side or weeknight accompaniment to round out any spread. Happy Monday and HAPPY 5 INGREDIENT THANKSGIVING SIDES RECIPE WEEK!! *insert enthusiastic chair spin
That’s right, friends. I’ve got 5 delicious days of super easy Thanksgiving sides recipes that require minimal ingredients but deliver BIG on flavor. They may not be the most traditional Thanksgiving recipes, but they’re guaranteed to round out your spread and amp up the veg count.
I’m personally always looking for another fresh, veg-centric side among the sea of rich, creamy casseroles. And incase you’re not following me on Instagram, I’ll also be hosting some awesome giveaways this week, which start off today with a SOOM tahini giveaway! (And, as always, code dishingouthealth saves you 10% at checkout!)Brussels sprouts are one of my favorite cruciferous veggies. Roasting really brings out the best in them; their peppery leaves become sweeter, edges become caramelized, and insides stay tender. They also deliver a healthy punch of fiber, and vitamins C and K.
This side of Brussels sprouts delivers nutty depth and toasty flavor with unparalleled richness from tahini. Thyme infuses the sauce with an earthy aroma which plays off the brightness of lemon and caramel-like sweetness of chopped dates. I’m telling you, this flavor profile will have everyone asking for seconds.Slicing Brussels lengthwise helps them cook more quickly and will allow you to complete this recipe in under 20 minutes. They’ll retain just a hint of crunch but develop a toasty flavor from the browned bits created on the baking sheet.
And even though the sauce comes together seamlessly, it can be made a day or two in advance to alleviate your prep work on Thanksgiving day. I can’t wait to share all of these revved up twists on Thanksgiving side dishes with you this week! And if you make any of the recipes, be sure to tag me @dishingouthealth and use #dishingouthealth so I can see your beautiful creations! Cheers, friends.
- 1½ lbs. brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced lengthwise
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. tahini (such as Soom)
- ½ tsp. lemon zest, plus 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 2 pitted Medjool dates, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss brussels in oil, ½ tsp. of the salt, and ¼ tsp. of the black pepper; arrange evenly on a baking sheet, avoiding overlap. Roast 10 to 12 minutes, until golden-brown. Transfer to a bowl or serving platter.
- Combine tahini, lemon zest and juice, thyme, and remaining ¼ tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. black pepper; mix to combine. Gradually whisk in up to 2 Tbsp. water, until dressing is creamy and pourable.
- Drizzle dressing over brussels sprouts. Scatter chopped dates evenly overtop.