5 Ingredient Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Cilantro Gremolata requires minimal ingredients and is perfect for weeknights—easy, but still packs plenty of flavor.It may seem too good to be true, but this impressive plate requires only 5 ingredients. It’s a certified crowd-pleaser and testament to how minimal ingredients can yield maximum flavor.
It’s also a testament to how versatile sweet potatoes can be. By balancing their natural sweetness with a bright and zippy gremolata, this recipe strikes the perfect balance of flavors. This refreshing gremolata swaps the traditional lemon and parsley duo for lime and cilantro. Diced jalapeño adds a slow burning sweet heat, but feel free to leave it out if you’re heat averse. You could also tame their heat by removing their seeds and veins.
And if you end up with any leftovers, spoon it over scrambled eggs or just about grilled protein for a zippy lift.
Now let’s talk SPUDS. My friend gave me about 5 lbs of sweet potatoes over the weekend and I couldn’t imagine a better destiny for them.
The roasting method for the sweet potatoes guarantees superb creaminess on the inside while their skins get a little crispy. Leaving the peels on has three benefits: Prep is faster, you boost the fiber, and the potatoes hold their shape better. Plus, the peels get so tender that you barely notice they’re there.Get your daily dose of vitamin A with this nutritious side, plus a boost of vitamin C and fiber.
And If you give this recipe a try, be sure to tag #dishingouthealth on Instagram so I can see your beautiful creations. And if you have a chance, come back and comment below and rate the recipe—it helps tremendously in terms of web searches! Cheers, friends.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- ⅓ cup plus 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- ⅔ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp. seeded and finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- Zest of 1 lime
- Optional for serving: plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut potatoes into quarters lengthwise, then cut each wedge in half crosswise into 2-3"-long pieces. Toss with 2 Tbsp. of the oil and ½ tsp. salt on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 35 minutes, tossing every 12 to 15 minutes to avoid burning, until fork tender.
- Finely chop cilantro and place in a bowl; add garlic, jalapeno, lime zest, and remaining ½ tsp. salt. Whisk in remaining ⅓ cup olive oil.
- To serve, add a swoosh of yogurt on a plate or serving platter and top with roasted sweet potatoes. Spoon cilantro gremolata overtop.