Easy White Bean, Artichoke, and Sun-Dried Tomato Dip comes together in just 10 minutes. Serve with grilled bread, pita, and/or crudités for easy entertaining.
Easy Artichoke & Sun-Dried Tomato Dip
Everyone needs a delicious, dependable dip in their appetizer arsenal. This one is sure to satisfy, and couldn't be simpler to make.
You could say it's a cousin to hummus, because we're keeping the tahini (obviously) but swapping the chickpeas for creamy cannellini beans. They add a particularly silky texture to the dip without masking any of the other flavors.
Tahini adds an extra layer of nutty depth and unctuous creaminess. I use Soom brand tahini, which always blends beautifully into anything I'm adding it to. *Code dishingouthealth saves you 10% at checkout!*
The Mediterranean influence of this dip comes from two of my most reliable pantry staples: jarred artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes. Each is armed with their own element of bright, briny flavor and sweetness.
I love keeping these on hand to effortlessly elevate salads, spreads, and sandwiches.
Ingredient note: Oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes are much more tender than dry-packed varieties. Plus, the oil from the jar adds a flavorful finishing touch to the dip.
You can prepare this all-purpose dip up to 3 days ahead, making it perfect for easy entertaining. All you need is a blender or food processor, plus some hungry guests!
And if you end up with leftovers, you can covert the dip into a spread for sandwiches or wraps. Alternatively, you can thin it out with extra lemon juice and turn it into a salad dressing.
Make-Ahead and Storage Tips:
- Make-Ahead: Dip can be made up to 3 days ahead.
- To Store. Refrigerate dip in an airtight container with plastic pressed over the dip's surface for 3 days.
More Easy Dip Recipes to Try:
Easy White Bean, Artichoke, and Sun-Dried Tomato Dip
- Blender or food processor
- 1 (15-oz.) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts in water (not brine), drained
- 3 Tbsp. tahini (such as Soom Foods brand)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 3 to 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- Combine beans, artichokes, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and salt in a blender or food processor. With blade running, stream in olive oil, and continue blending until mixture is smooth. Remove lid and stir in sun-dried tomatoes and some cracked black pepper (if desired).
- Pour mixture into a bowl. If desired, garnish with additional chopped sun-dried tomatoes plus a drizzle of the sun-dried tomato oil, fresh mint, pine nuts, and lemon zest. Serve with grilled bread, pita, or crudités.