5 ingredient artichoke and sun-dried tomato dip makes snack-time and happy hour easier and healthier. Serve this 5 minute, no-cook dip with pita, crackers, or crudités, and it’s a surefire crowd pleaser.Everyone needs a delicious, dependable dip in their arsenal. Done and done with this one. You could say it’s a cousin to hummus, because we’re keeping the tahini (obviously) but swapping the chickpeas for creamy, nutty cannellini beans. They add a particularly silky texture to the dip, while not masking any of the other ingredients with big bean-y flavor.
Tahini adds an extra layer of nutty depth and unctuous creaminess. I use Soom brand tahini, which always blends beautifully into anything I’m adding it to. *Code dishingouthealth saves you 10% at checkout!*The Mediterranean influence of this dip comes from two of my most reliable pantry staples: jarred artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes—each armed with their own element of bright, briny flavor and sweetness. I love keeping these on hand to effortlessly take salads, spreads, and pasta up a few notches.
Oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes are much more tender than dry-packed varieties, plus the oil from the jar adds a flavorful finishing touch to the dip. You can prepare this all-purpose dip up to a day ahead, making this appetizer a quick fix for hungry guests. All you need is a blender and some pals to enjoy it with.
And if you end up with leftovers, you can covert the dip into a spread for sandwiches or wraps, or thin it out with extra lemon juice and turn it into salad dressing. Presto!
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup canned artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. tahini (such as Soom)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- Combine beans, artichokes, oil, tahini, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor; blend until smooth. Add up to two tablespoons of water, if needed, until you reach desired consistency. Add tomatoes; pulse until finely chopped and dispersed.
- Pour mixture into a bowl. If desired, garnish with additional chopped sun-dried tomatoes plus a drizzle of the tomato oil, fresh mint, pine nuts, and lemon zest. Serve with pita and/or crudités.