Decadently creamy paprika-chive crab dip made with Greek yogurt, herbs, and spices. A quick, healthy appetizer made for easy entertaining that is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Every party requires a good homemade dip. In fact, you will likely receive a badge of honor for supplying a homemade dip instead of showing up with a sad jar of French onion dip accompanied by a bag of Lay’s. Especially if you actually like the host and party patrons.
But look, I get it. It’s the most hectic time of year and we’re all about to lose our minds (or is it just me?). Either way, my Christmas gift to you is this 10-minute dip that you can throw together as you’re running out the door with that electric wine bottle opener that you’re re-gifting from last year’s White Elephant exchange (I won’t tell anyone).This dip is bright and tangy with a bright, herbaceous backbone. Two types of onion (scallion and chives) lend earthy undertones to balance the sweet crabmeat, while lemon zest and parsley add a zippy punch.
I love garnishing with a crunchy element like pine nuts (which have a natural sweet flavor), but it’s not totally necessary. We’re just trying to keep up with the hummus garnishes here. Whether it’s with chips, crackers, pita, crudites, or your fingers (no judgement), this dip tastes decadent enough for entertaining, yet is stupidly simple and lightning-fast to make. You can make it way ahead (a whole day, even), and just save the garnishes for when it’s ready to serve.
Now we have no reason to let our crackers get lonely this holiday season.I dip, you dip, we dip.
10-Minute Paprika-Chive Crab Dip
- 1/2 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. thinly sliced green onion
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chopped chives
- 1 tsp. lemon zest plus 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. stone-ground or dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 8 oz. lump crabmeat
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts for garnish optional
- Combine the first 10 ingredients in a bowl; stir well with a wire whisk. Stir in crabmeat. Garnish with additional chives, green onion, and pine nuts, if desired.