Roasted cauliflower and potato salad with tarragon tahini and arugula: A vibrant, herbaceous side dish or entree for all of your weeknight (or weekend!) salad needs. It’s time to hit the reset button on your potato salad: These spuds are roasted and tossed with an herby mayo-free dressing to keeps things light and bright.
Roasted cauliflower adds texture and nuttiness, as well as a fair amount of fiber. Arugula amps up the freshness and adds a peppery edge, ensuring a balanced bite from start to finish.Fresh tarragon infuses this picnic-perfect salad with lovely anise notes and a bittersweet punch. If you’re not familiar with the flavor, it’s definitely an herb worth getting to know. It can give life to simple salads and dips, and infuse cocktails with layers of depth.
And paired with my favorite condiment (TAHIIINI), it just absolutely shines.The great thing about this salad is you could enjoy it on its own or paired with just about any protein: grilled fish, chicken, burgers, you name it. If you’re making it ahead, just wait to toss in the arugula right before serving (the delicate leaves tend to wilt quickly).
I also love it with some cubed soft-boiled eggs tossed it for an extra hit of protein.
This salad is dreamy, creamy, and everything your standard potato salad has always aspired to be.
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped (about 6 cups)
- 4 cups quartered baby potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp. tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1½ Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 2 tsp. freshly chopped tarragon
- ½ tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat two baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Place cauliflower, potatoes, oil, ¾ tsp. of the salt, ¼ tsp. of the black pepper, coriander, and cumin in a large bowl; toss to combine. Spread mixture evenly on baking sheets. Bake for 30 minutes, tossing once halfway through. Let cool for 15 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Combine tahini, lemon juice, and water in a small bowl; whisk to combine. Add tarragon, sugar, vinegar, garlic, remaining ¼ tsp. salt and black pepper; stir to combine. Pour tahini sauce over potato mixture; toss to combine. Add arugula; gently toss to combine.