Raw superfood brownie bites made with wholesome ingredients and no added sugar. These chocolatey vegan treats are perfect for a pre-workout boost or mid-day recharge.
I also like to call them vegan truffles, as I believe they are well-deserving of such a lavish name.
Naturally sweetened with dates and goji berries, these 2-bite treats taste ultra decadent, yet are completely free of added sugar. That pesky 3 o’clock sweet tooth craving can now be handled with ease. These superhero snacks are made completely in the food processor and come together in only 10 minutes. SO EASY! Then, you get to roll each blissful ball in any topping your heart desires. Some of my favorites:
Shredded unsweetened coconut
Chopped hazelnuts or walnuts
You could even go a step further and drizzle some melted peanut butter or dippy almond butter overtop. The sky is the limit.One brownie bite boasts 3 grams of fiber and 4 grams of protein. They’re also brimming with heart-healthy fats to keep you satiated, and a bounty of antioxidants. Enjoy one (or two… or maybe even three) for breakfast, a mid-day pick-me-up, pre- or post-workout, or for dessert.
Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week (good luck making them last that long), or in the freezer up to 1 month (no need to thaw if frozen!).
You absolutely must make these!!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 10 pitted medjool dates (about 1 cup)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp. creamy almond butter
- 2 Tbsp. goji berries (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste (sub for vanilla extract)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Optional toppings: hemp seeds, unsweetened shredded coconut, cocoa powder, chopped nuts
- Place cashews and almonds in a food processor. Process until ground, about 1 minute. Add dates; process until almost pastelike. Add remaining ingredients; process for 1 to 2 minutes, until well combined. Turn mixture out into a bowl; divide into 16 equal portions. Roll each portion around to form a ball. Roll in topping of choice (or enjoy plain). Chill until firm, about 20 minutes.