This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of Anolon.Well, friends—It's the FINAL day of 5 Ingredient Thanksgiving Sides Recipe Week and we're wrapping things up with perhaps the most cozy side dish, plus an amazing giveaway from Anolon Accolade cookware!
I'd love to hear which recipe this week has been your favorite or which you plan to include in your Thanksgiving spread? I'm personally leaning towards the pomegranate-glazed carrots or brown butter butternut squash, but there's a very good chance all five recipes will be making an appearance on our table. Move over, turkey! #hereforthesidesPotatoes aren't the only players in the gratin game. This piping hot skillet of creamy cauliflower florets with a cheesy, golden crust will become your new go-to fall side.
This dish mostly comes together on the stovetop, but finishes under the broiler to get the cheesy breadcrumb topper nice and toasted. Giving the cauliflower a quick sear before simmering it in cashewmilk helps it pick up more caramelized, toasty flavor, while keeping the texture meaty. The result is a rich, rustic side with contrasting flavors and textures—a bit of crunch to round out the standard stuffing and mashes on the table.
And unlike most gratins, no heavy cream or butter is needed for this comforting side dish thanks to the nutty character and big flavor of Gouda cheese. I used the Anolon Accolade 12" covered deep skillet for this dish, which worked like a dream. The thick base and slimmer walls of the skillet resulted in faster, even-heating of the cauliflower. The flat rivets on the stainless steel handle also made it easier to transfer the gratin in and out of the oven. And perhaps the best news of all? All of the cookware is oven and dishwasher safe up to 500°F and well-suited for all stove tops.
So let's get to the giveaway, shall we? Anolon is hosting a giveaway for a chance for 5 people to a win a set of Anolon Accolade cookware. Open to US residents only aged 18 and over.
The set includes one of each:
- Accolade 8" skillet
- Accolade 12" covered deep skillet
- Allure 11x17 cookie sheet
- Tear drop teak cutting board
- Teak spoon
The cookware is made with hard-anodized aluminum (using patented Precision Forge™ technology) with triple-layer nonstick for enhanced durability. They're also metal utensil safe and extremely easy to clean (double win). Check out their website for more product information or visit Anolon on Instagram to see their cookware put to delicious use.
Enter the giveaway HERE before November 20th 2018 for your chance to score some new cookware before the holidays!I hope you enjoyed this week of 5 Ingredient Thanksgiving Sides as much as I have. If you make any of the recipes, be sure to use hashtag #dishingouthealth and tag me @dishingouthealth so I can see your beautiful creations!
5 Ingredient Skillet Cauliflower and Gouda Gratin
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 6 cups cauliflower florets from 1 medium head of cauliflower
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ¼ cups unsweetened original cashewmilk
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ cup herb breadcrumbs
- ½ cup freshly grated Gouda cheese
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of the oil in a large oven-safe skillet with a lid attachment over medium-high. Add cauliflower; cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it begins to pick up color. Season with salt and pepper and reduce heat to medium.
- Combine cashewmilk and mustard in a large glass measuring cup. Pour into skillet, cover, and simmer for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is tender and most of the cashewmilk is absorbed.
- Preheat broiler to HIGH. Combine remaining 2 Tbsp. oil, breadcrumbs, and Gouda in a bowl; mix well. Scatter mixture over cauliflower and transfer to oven. Broil for 2 minutes, or until crust is golden and toasted.
Melanie | Melanie Makes
I've been looking for a cauliflower dish especially for my MIL for Thanksgiving and think this might be it!