Lemon and herb grilled shrimp with bell peppers, zucchini, tomatoes, and olives on a bed of toasty, whole-grain farro. These herbaceous bowls are everything you could want from a hearty Greek platter for right around 400 calories. You know what I love most about bowls? They encouraging mixing of ingredients to build layers of texture and flavor, proving that a truly great meal is the sum of its parts.
And they help me clean out my produce drawers on a weekly basis. Win-win.These bowls are bursting with beautiful color and endless flavor. A lemon, herb, garlic, and olive oil mixture doubles as a marinade for the shrimp and a drizzle over the finished dish.
Mix and match the veggies and grain to your liking. Sub farro for quinoa or brown rice, and use any veggies you have on hand to add even more color and crunch. I love the tangy bite of green olives paired with grilled zucchini and sweet bell peppers.
These bowls are weeknight-fast and make wonderful leftovers the next day. A whole-grain such as farro holds up especially well after being reheated and enjoyed on repeat. And considering I’ve enjoyed these bowls for lunch the past two days, I can say that with confidence!
A Greek yogurt topping boosts protein while adding a silky-smooth finish once everything is mixed together. I’m telling you guys, this kind of meal is what my taste buds crave every day.
Boasting 6 grams of fiber and 34 grams of protein per serving, what better reason do we need to go BOWLing??
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined shrimp
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. fresh chopped dill
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chopped oregano
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup dry farro
- 2 bell peppers, sliced thick
- 2 medium-sized zucchinis, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green or black olives
- 4 Tbsp. 2% reduced-fat plain Greek yogurt
- Place olive oil, garlic, lemon, dill, oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Pour ~3/4 the amount of marinade over shrimp; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Cook farro according to package instructions in water or stock.
- Heat a grill pan or nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp; cook 2-3 minutes per side, until no longer pink; transfer to a plate.
- Add vegetables in batches to grill pan or skillet (avoid overcrowding); cook 5-6 minutes, until softened. Repeat with remaining vegetables.
- Divide cooked farro evenly among 4 bowls. Top evenly with shrimp, grilled vegetables, olives, and tomatoes. Drizzle reserved marinade overtop. Top each bowl with 1 Tbsp. Greek yogurt and extra lemon juice, if desired.