Curried Salmon Sliders with Lemon Yogurt will become a weeknight dinner staple—minimal cooking, maximum flavor and freshness. Enjoy these simple sliders in lettuce wraps or buns for a delicious, heart-healthy meal.
Simple Salmon Sliders:
In these weeknight-friendly sliders, wild-caught salmon is infused with Thai-inspired spices and pan-seared until golden. A lemon-infused yogurt sauce adds brightness and a creamy counterpart to the crispy patties. Serve them in lettuce wraps or buns and enjoy them on repeat all summer long.
For garnishes, I love kimchi for its vibrancy and refreshing crunch, however feel free to add anything you like. For example, red onion, shredded carrots, thinly sliced mango, and/or cilantro. These sliders abound with satiating protein and heart-healthy omega-3 fats, and will become an instant family favorite.
Which is the Best Salmon to Buy?
When it comes to selecting the right salmon, I recommend talking to your local fishmonger—or the person behind the fish counter at your local grocery store—to find out what’s best. Most often, this will depend on where you live (for example, folks on the west coast will likely have different options than those landlocked in the midwest), and the time of year. During summer months when wild salmon is in season, this is certainly the way to go. However, if all that is available is farm-raised, look for the phrase “sustainably-farmed” on the label, which is generally a more responsible and environmentally-sound way to control overfishing.
Thankfully, there are plenty of sustainable Atlantic salmon varieties available, but it can take some research to identify them since labeling can be inconsistent. Seek up-to-date information on sustainability of salmon (or any fish) by looking it up in the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch Program.
How to Make Salmon Patties:
To start, you need a 1-lb skinless center-cut piece of salmon, sliced into big chunks. The salmon gets pulsed in the food processor briefly, just until most of it is broken into small pieces (similar to the size of ground beef). This texture is what helps hold the patty together. After the egg, breadcrumbs, and spices are mixed in, form the salmon into 8 equal-sized patties using a heaping 1/4 cup measure. I like to cover and chill the patties for 30 minutes to help them hold their shape when seared, however it’s not totally necessary.
When it’s time to sear the patties, you can use either olive, avocado, or vegetable oil. Just be sure the oil is hot enough before adding the patties to ensure they reach their full crispy potential. Lastly, if you give this recipe a try, be sure to tag #dishingouthealth so I can see your beautiful creations!
More Easy Salmon Dinner Recipes:
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless salmon, cut into chunks (sub two 6-oz. cans of wild pink salmon)
- ½ cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. red curry paste (such as Thai kitchen)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. kosher salt, divided
- ½ cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 3 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 2 Tbsp. olive or vegetable oil for cooking
- 8 butter lettuce leaves or slider buns
- Optional garnishes: kimchi, sliced avocado, matchstick carrots, sliced mango, fresh cilantro
- Place salmon in a food processor and pulse several times until salmon is broken in small pieces (skip if using canned salmon). Transfer to a bowl and mix in breadcrumbs, red curry paste, egg, paprika, and ¼ tsp salt. (If mixture feels too wet, add more breadcrumbs as needed.) Using a heaping ¼-cup measure, form mixture into 8 uniform patties. Place on a parchment-lined plate, cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare lemon yogurt by combining yogurt, lemon juice, cilantro, garlic, and remaining ¼ tsp salt; stir well. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Place salmon patties in skillet; reduce heat to medium, and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side or until browned.
- Assemble sliders by placing one patty in each of 8 lettuce wraps or buns. Top with lemon yogurt and garnishes of choice.