Ginger-Soy Glazed Pork Chops with Asian Pear Slaw
Ginger-soy glazed pork chops paired with a refreshing Asian pear slaw creates an incredibly flavorful, easy-to-prepare meal.
Servings 4 servings
- **Pear Slaw**
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 julienne-cut pear
- 1/3 red onion shaved or thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced radish
- 1/3 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Optional garnish: sesame seeds
- **Ginger-Soy Glazed Pork**
- 1 - 1.25 lbs boneless pork loin chops
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 tbsp lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tsp mirin
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha optional
- Optional garnish: sliced green onion
Begin by preparing slaw ingredients. In a large bowl, combine all vegetables. In a smaller bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients: fish sauce, rice wine vinegar, sugar, oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables and toss to evenly distribute. Set aside.
Prepare pork marinade by adding garlic, soy sauce, honey, ginger, mirin and Sriracha in a medium-sized bowl and whisking to combine. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-HIGH heat.
Season pork chops with a dash of salt and pepper and add to heated skillet (*if skillet is NOT non-stick, add a spray of non-stick cooking spray or dash of oil). Sear chops for ~3 minutes, flip and sear for another 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Pour marinade evenly over pork chops. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until pork chops are cooked through, flipping once more. You'll notice the marinade will thicken and begin turning into a sticky glaze. Transfer pork chops to a plate and top with sliced green onion. Pair with slaw, top with sesame seeds if desired.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 303kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3.5g | Sodium: 675mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12.5g