Sweet and Sour Thai Chicken Bowls
Sweet and sour Thai chicken bowls are brimming with flavor and easy to prepare. Hearty, filling, and perfect for weeknight meals!
Servings 5 servings
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of most visible fat
- 2 tbsp Thai sweet red chili sauce
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Truvia Nectar
- 1 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 medium-sized delicata squash sliced into 1/4-in slices
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup Thai jasmine rice or rice of choice
- Optional toppings: pomegranate arils fresh basil, additional lime juice
In a large bowl, combine red chili sauce, tamari, Truvia Nectar, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, lime juice and basil. Stir with a whisk. Set 1/4 cup marinade aside. Place chicken in bowl, toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Toss squash with olive oil and sea salt; spread out on a baking sheet. Roast for 30-33 minutes, flipping once halfway through. Prepare rice according to package instructions.
Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high. Add chicken; cook 7-8 minutes per side, pouring any leftover marinade from the bowl over chicken.
To assemble, place rice and 2-3 pieces of squash in each bowl. Add chicken thighs and drizzle reserved marinade overtop. Add optional toppings, if desired. Serve.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 362kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2.5g | Sodium: 420mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g