Avocado Toast with Pomegranate Salsa
Hearty whole wheat toast smothered in velvety avocado, loaded with sweet and spicy pomegranate salsa, and studded with creamy goat cheese. Enjoy this flavorful, nutritious toast for breakfast, or serve with crostini's as a fun holiday appetizer!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 cup pomegranate arils from 1 pomegranate
- 1 tbsp fresh mint finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- 2 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp orange zest + 2 tsp orange juice
- 1 tsp finely diced jalapeño stems and seeds removed
- 1/2 tsp finely minced shallot
- 1/2 tsp sea salt divided
- 4 slices whole grain bread or crostini's, toasted
- 1 large avocado or two small
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 ounce goat cheese
In a small bowl, combine pomegranate arils, mint, parsley, balsamic, orange zest, juice, jalapeño, shallot, and 1/4 tsp sea salt. Mix to combine.
Place avocado in a separate bowl. Thoroughly mash with a fork. Add lemon juice and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Mix to combine.
Spread mashed avocado on toast. Top with pomegranate salsa and sprinkle with goat cheese. Serve.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 233kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 360mg | Fiber: 7.5g | Sugar: 10g