Jackfruit and Brussels Pizza with Almond Ricotta
Whole wheat pizza with almond milk ricotta, smoky jackfruit, crispy Brussels, and arugula. A plant-based pizza so hearty and flavorful, it makes ditching the takeout easy as pie.
Servings 8 slices
- 1 lb. fresh deli whole-wheat pizza dough
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced or shredded Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt divided
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 14-oz. can organic young jackfruit in water
- 2 Tbsp. tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 6 oz. Kite Hill almond milk Ricotta sub for traditional ricotta if not making vegan
- 2 cups loosely packed arugula
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes optional
Preheat oven to 500°F. Roll dough into a circle or oval shape on parchment paper; pierce with a fork. Place dough (on paper) on baking sheet or pizza stone. Bake for 5 minutes.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium. Add Brussels and 1/4 tsp salt; cook 4 to 5 minutes, until softened. Add garlic during final minute. Set aside.
Rinse, drain and thoroughly dry jackfruit. Chop off the center "core" portion of the fruit and discard. Place in a bowl with tomato sauce, smoked paprika, cumin, black pepper, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt in a bowl. Mix to combine.
Spread almond milk ricotta evenly on par-baked dough. Spread Brussels and jackfruit mixture evenly overtop. Bake for 8 to 9 minutes, until crust is browned. Top with arugula, nutritional yeast, and red pepper flakes. Cut into 8 slices.