Sweet Potato, Poblano, and Gruyère Frittata
Sweet potato, poblano, and gruyère frittata: a simple, one-pan breakfast perfect for weekend brunch or holiday entertaining.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups peeled and cubed sweet potato
- 1 large poblano pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. kosher salt divided
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Gruyère cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- Optional toppings: avocado salsa, hot sauce, sour cream or Greek yogurt
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Heat oil in a 10" oven-safe (preferably cast iron) skillet over medium-high. Add potatoes, poblano, onion, and 1/2 tsp. of the salt; cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring often, until potatoes are golden-brown. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender.
Whisk together eggs, yogurt, chives, mustard, remaining 1/2 tsp. salt, and pepper. Add egg mixture to pan. Sprinkle cheese and green onion evenly overtop. Transfer pan to oven; bake 15 to 20 minutes, until eggs are barely set in the center. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before slicing into.