Best Ever Flourless Brownies with Cocoa-Date Frosting
Best EVER flourless brownies with cocoa-date frosting are made with wholesome, heart-healthy ingredients and no refined sugar or grains. These virtuously decadent treats are rich, fudge-y, and sure to become a staple in your dessert arsenal.
Servings 16 brownies
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup unsalted almond butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened nut or soy milk
- 2 Tbsp. brewed and chilled coffee
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt if you're using salted almond butter, reduce to 1/4 tsp.
- **Cocoa-date frosting**
- 8 pitted Medjool dates soaked in warm water for 30 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup warm water
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper and lightly coat with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until combined. Whisk in almond butter, milk, and coffee until smooth. Add cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; stir to combine. Pour into prepared baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 24 to 26 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. Let brownies cool completely before removing from pan.
Place dates, coconut oil, cocoa powder, and 1 Tbsp. of the water in a miniature food processor/chopper or blender. Pulse until smooth, adding the additional water in 1 Tbsp. increments until desired consistency is reached. Spread frosting over brownies. Slice into 16 squares.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 173kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 115mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 14g