20 Minute Zucchini and Corn Fiesta Salad
20-minute summer squash and corn fiesta salad with chili-lime vinaigrette, feta cheese, and cilantro. A simple and flavorful side for all of your summer entertaining needs.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 small (or 3 medium) zucchinis, sliced into 1/4 inch thick coins
- 1 jalapeño, seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cups frozen/thawed corn (or fresh grilled corn*) I use Trader Joe's fire-roasted frozen corn
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium. Add zucchini; cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring only occasionally, until golden-brown and tender. Add jalapeño and garlic; cook 2 more minutes, until aromatic. Stir in corn, cook 1 minute, until heated through. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
Prepare dressing by combining olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, salt, cumin, and cilantro in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
Add tomatoes and feta cheese to zucchini and corn mixture. Pour dressing overtop and gently toss to combine. Garnish with additional cilantro, if desired.
*SERVING SUGGESTIONS: This salad goes well with just about anything hot off the grill. For example, burgers, hot dogs, BBQ chicken, or shrimp kebabs. It's also delicious with any classic summer sandwich, such as a grilled eggplant or caprese sandwich.
*IF USING FRESH CORN: Either throw it on the grill over high heat and grill until lightly charred, or char directly over the flame of a gas stove.
*STORE refrigerated in an airtight container up to 2 or 3 days.
Serving: 0.33cup | Calories: 120kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1.5g | Sodium: 450mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g