Easy 5 Ingredient Marsala Mushrooms
Easy 5 ingredient marsala mushrooms will add a layer of decadence to any dinner spread. Serve them over steak, chicken, or egg noodles for a steakhouse-worthy side with minimal effort.
Servings: 4 to 6 servings
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. crimini (baby bella) mushrooms, sliced
- 3 small shallots, peeled and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves or finely chopped rosemary (optional)
- ¾ cup Marsala cooking wine (typically found in the vinegar and cooking oil section)
- 3 Tbsp. crème fraîche (sub mascarpone cheese)
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Once hot, add mushrooms and shallots; cook 7 to 8 minutes, stirring only occasionally, until soft and golden. Add garlic and thyme; cook 2 more minutes. Pour in marsala cooking wine and simmer mixture for 5 to 6 minutes, until the wine reduces by about two thirds.Stir in crème fraîche (or mascarpone) and season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking and stirring mixture until the marsala sauce is smooth and thickened.
- Store: Transfer leftover mushrooms to an airtight container and refrigerate up to 4 days.
- I do not suggest freezing this recipe. Mushrooms tend to turn spongy after being frozen and thawed.
- Reheat: Heat mushrooms in a skillet over medium heat, or in the microwave until warm.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 123kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 5.5g | Saturated Fat: 2.5g | Sodium: 350mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g