Strawberry-Nectarine Fruit Crisp with Ginger Streusel
Strawberry-Nectarine Fruit Crisp with Ginger Streusel is a gluten-free breakfast or dessert perfect for summer. Packed with heart-healthy fats, antioxidants, and fiber-rich whole grains.
- 1 lb. strawberries hulled and quartered
- 1 lb. diced nectarines about 3 large
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt divided
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 4 Tbsp. chilled unsalted butter cut into pieces (sub vegan butter, such as Miyoko's, if making plant-based)
- Optional toppings: classic or plant-based vanilla ice cream.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Toss fruit with 1/2 cup coconut sugar, lemon zest and juice, cornstarch, and 1/4 tsp. of the salt in a large bowl. Transfer to a greased 10-12 inch oven-safe skillet or 2-quart baking dish.
Combine oats, almond flour, cinnamon, ginger, remaining 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar, and 1/4 tsp. salt in a bowl. Using your fingers, work the butter into the dry ingredients until crumbly. Scatter oat mixture over fruit and bake until fruit juices are bubbling and topping is golden, about 45 minutes. Serve warm with toppings of choice.