Grilled Radicchio Salad with Creamy Miso Dressing
Grilled Radicchio Salad with Creamy Miso Dressing, soft boiled eggs, citrus, and walnuts. Perfect for fall entertaining, or to liven up any weeknight dinner. Vegetarian, gluten free, and packed with nutrients.
Servings 4 -6
- **Creamy Miso Dressing**
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice from 2 to 3 lemons
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. hemp seeds
- 1 Tbsp. white miso paste
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped chives
- 1/2 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- **Grilled Radicchio Salad**
- 2 large heads of radicchio quartered through core end
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 soft boiled eggs halved or quartered
- 2 small blood oranges peeled and sliced into segments (sub 1 large naval orange)
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts roughly chopped
Prepare Creamy Miso Dressing by combining lemon juice, oil, hemp seeds, miso, garlic, and sugar in a blender (I use a Nutribullet). Blend until creamy, gradually adding 1 to 2 Tbsp. water to thin out to desired consistency. Transfer to a bowl and stir in chives and black pepper.
Prepare an indoor grill pan for medium-high heat. Brush olive oil evenly on the cut sides of radicchio wedges and sprinkle with salt. Grill ~2 minutes on each side, until edges are crisp and slightly charred. Transfer to a serving platter.
Scatter orange segments and egg pieces over and around grilled radicchio. Drizzle creamy miso dressing overtop, and garnish with chopped walnuts and additional fresh chives, if desired.