Winter Chopped Salad with White Balsamic Dressing
Winter Chopped Salad with roasted sweet potato, apples, and a delicious white balsamic dressing. Serve this hearty, nutrient-rich salad as an entree, or to compliment your protein of choice.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt divided
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 small head of radicchio finely chopped
- 6 oz. Brussels sprouts finely chopped or shaved on a mandoline
- 1 apple cored and finely chopped (I like Honey Crisp)
- 1 15-oz. can navy beans, rinsed and drained (sub chickpeas)
- 1/2 pecan halves roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Optional: pomegranate arils
- *White Balsamic Dressing*
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh shallots
- 3 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss sweet potatoes in oil and 1/4 tsp salt; spread in an even layer on a baking sheet. Bake until tender and browned, tossing halfway through, about 35 minutes. Set aside to slightly cool.
Meanwhile, prepare dressing by combining shallots, vinegar, honey, Dijon, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Stir with a whisk, and let sit 10 minutes. Gradually stream in olive oil, stirring continuously with a whisk, until combined.
Combine romaine, radicchio, Brussels, apple, beans, and sweet potatoes in a large bowl; toss with remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Add dressing and toss to combine. Arrange on a serving platter, and top with pecans, cheese, and pomegranate arils. Serve immediately.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 465kcal | Carbohydrates: 39.3g | Protein: 15.8g | Fat: 26.5g | Sodium: 861mg | Sugar: 13.6g