30 Minute Shrimp Pasta Primavera with Zoodles
Whole wheat spaghetti and zucchini noodles tossed in tomato basil sauce with shrimp, peppers, spinach, herbs and parmesan cheese. A nutritious weeknight meal that comes together in only 30 minutes!
Servings 4 servings
- 6 oz. dry whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 3 generous handfuls of fresh baby spinach
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 large shallot minced
- 12 oz. raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 cups jarred tomato basil sauce
- 2 large zucchinis spiralized
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Heat a large pot of salted water over high heat. Once boiling, add pasta and cook until al dente.
While the pasta cooks, add oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add bell pepper and cook until softened, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add spinach during final minute and cook until wilted. Season veggies with salt and pepper, and transfer to a plate.
Add butter, shallots, and garlic to pan; cook 2 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning. Add shrimp to pan; season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes per side, or until no longer opaque. Once shrimp is cooked, add peppers and spinach back to pan. Pour in tomato basil sauce and toss to combine.
Drain pasta and add back to pot. Stir zoodles into hot pasta, letting residual heat slightly cook zoodles. Add shrimp and vegetable mixture into pot with pasta; toss everything to combine. Stir in fresh basil and top with parmesan cheese.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 660mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 11g