Coconut Chickpea Curry with Mango
Coconut Chickpea Curry with mango, broccoli, and basil is the ultimate 30 minute meal. Enjoy this vegan, gluten free curry for meal prep lunch or easy weeknight dinner.
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 cups broccoli florets (from 1 large head of broccoli)
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 2 1/2 cups So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Coconutmilk
- 2 (15-oz.) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter (sub cashew butter)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 2 tsp. Thai red curry paste
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh cubed mango
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- Cooked basmati rice for serving
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Once hot, add broccoli and shallots; cook 5 minutes, until broccoli is crisp-tender.
Meanwhile, combine coconutmilk, 1 cup of chickpeas, and peanut butter in a high powder blender; blend until smooth. Set aside.
Add garlic, curry powder, Thai red curry paste, salt, and cayenne to pan with broccoli; cook 2 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning, until aromatic.
Add coconutmilk mixture to pan and simmer over medium-low for 8 minutes, or until broccoli softens and sauce thickens. Stir in remaining chickpeas, mango, lime juice, and basil; cook 1 more minute to heat through.
Serve mixture over rice and garnish with additional herbs, if desired.
Store refrigerated in an air-tight container up to 4 days.
Omit cayenne pepper if making for kids or those averse to spice.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 398kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 485mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 10g