Soft and chewy double chocolate peanut butter brownies that require no baking and are naturally vegan and gluten-free. These brownies are so incredibly moist and decadent-tasting, you would never believe how nutritious of a treat they are.
Helloo weekend! I have never been so happy to see you. It’s been a longggg week. The kind of week that required chocolate every single day. Thankfully, these brownies were able to keep me sane while keeping me on track with my nutrition.
Until Super Bowl Sunday, that is.. 😉This is exactly the way to my heart. Chocolate + peanut butter + minimal labor. A cafe con leche on the side would really seal the deal.
These are the kind of brownies you could eat for dessert, a midday snack, pre or post-workout or heck, even for breakfast. They are kid-approved, picky eater approved and appeal to even the non-health enthusiasts. One brownie contains 20% of your recommended daily fiber intake and almost 6 grams of protein!
I LIVE for healthy desserts that are also super satisfying. It’s not the easiest task to accomplish. I am always trying to healthify some of my favorite desserts and I would say it works in my favor maybe 20% of the time. When you’re trying to eliminate oil, refined sugar, butter and sometimes even flour, it requires some major creativity!But rest assured, you will not miss ANY of the above mentioned ingredients in this recipe. The first batch I made was polished off within 2 days at my house, which subsequently resulted in me making 2 more batches by the end of the week. I think I need to start buying industrial-sized tubs of peanut butter at Costco..
This recipe is also highly customizable. You could sub the cashew milk for almond milk, soy milk or regular cows milk. You could use just about any kind of nut butter (cashew would be delish!), add crushed nuts in addition (or in place) of cacao nibs and even add a drizzle of dark chocolate or peanut butter to the finished product. Oh yesssss.
OR you could be super cute and use heart-shaped cookie molds to make brownie hearts for Valentines Day(!!!). Russell Stover will have nothing on you.Either way, these brownies definitely need to make their way into your life!
- 1 cup rolled oats (use certified GF oats if making gluten-free)
- 10 pitted medjool dates
- ½ cup natural smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp agave nectar (sub for honey if not making vegan)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp unsweetened cashew milk
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- In a food processor, blend the oats into a fine meal.
- Add dates and peanut butter and blend for 30-45 seconds
- Add agave nectar, cocoa powder and cashew milk. Blend for another 20-30 seconds until mixture is well-combined and smooth
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in cacao nibs
- Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Transfer ingredients to pan and press down firmly with a spoon or spatula until evenly distributed and smooth.
- Freeze for 20 minutes or refrigerate for 1 hour to set. Cut into 9 squares and serve!
- Refrigerate in an air-tight container for up to 10 days