Chewy no-bake oat bars that are not only packed with nutritious ingredients, but also have chunks of chocolate and salted caramel goodness in every bite. These are the perfect on-the-go breakfast, midday pick-me-up or evening treat. If snacking is your specialty, these bars may be your new best friend.
One thing I rarely go a day without eating is some kind of bar. In addition to the convenience of a bar (especially during busy work days), they can also mimic the taste of a cookie or dessert if I choose the right ones. I typically always go for one with either dark chocolate or peanut butter, preferably both, to satisfy my sweet tooth. Though I also want them to contain a decent amount of protein, healthy fat and minimal added sugar.
Enter: Dark Chocolate and Salted Caramel Almond Oat Bars!
Speaking of satisfying sweet cravings, these Blue Diamond Salted Caramel Almonds also fit the bill. They truly master the balance of salty and sweet and have quickly become one my favorite, most satisfying snacks. If you’re not keeping a stash of these oats bars in your desk, I highly recommend at least having a tin of these almonds on hand!
These almonds are also delicious crushed up and added to a bowl of oatmeal or used a crust for whole-grain French toast. Two breakfasts I can’t seem to get enough of lately.
These bars are chewy, yet crunchy, sweet, yet slightly salty, and packed with wholesome ingredients. Another perk is they are highly adaptable. You could sub the chocolate for dried fruit, almond butter for peanut butter, or honey for brown rice syrup.
I love making a batch at the beginning of the week, individually wrapping them and taking them to work or to the gym during busy weeks. Their protein and fiber content will keep you satiated, energized and totally satisfied.
Get your week off to a delicious, nutritious start with these easy, no-bake oat bars.
Dark Chocolate and Salted Caramel Almond Oat Bars
Makes 8 bars
- 2 cups old fashioned oats – Use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Rolled Oats if making gluten-free
- 3/4 cup Blue Diamond Salted Caramel Almonds, roughly chopped (you could also place almonds in a Ziploc bag and crush with a mallet or mason jar. You want the almonds to be at least chopped/crushed in half)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup creamy salted almond butter
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp honey (sub for brown rice syrup or agave)
- 1.5 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- 2 ounces dark chocolate (I used Trader Joe’s organic 73% super dark chocolate), roughly chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional dark chocolate drizzle: .5 ounces dark chocolate + 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- Line a 9×9-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients. Stir well to combine.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan and press down firmly to pack bars tightly and ensure all ingredients stick together. The harder you press, the more they will stick together, so use a little extra elbow grease!
- Place pan in the refrigerator for ~2 hours until firm. Slice into 8 bars. Bars will keep for ~7-10 days refrigerated.
- For chocolate drizzle: place dark chocolate and coconut oil in a small bowl and microwave for ~45 seconds. Stir to combine and use a spoon to drizzle chocolate sauce over bars.
Nutrition Facts per Bar (excluding chocolate drizzle topping)
Calories: 322; Total Fat: 20 gm; Saturated Fat: 6 gm; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 44 mg; Carbohydrates: 33 gm; Fiber: 6 gm; Sugar: 14 gm; Protein: 9 gm