Dark chocolate bark with crunchy almonds, coconut flakes and a refreshing hint of orange. The perfect dessert for entertaining or gifting around the holidays.
Happy ‘day after Christmas’ to you all! I hope you had a fantastic day filled with lots of laughs, good food, memory making and quality time with those whom you love. I know my day included all of the above, plus some! Today, on the other hand, has been filled with lots of lounging, Netflix watching and cozying up with this here container of dark chocolate bark.
I know, I know, it’s the day after Christmas and some of you may be coming out of a Christmas cookie coma and swearing off sweets for the rest of the month, but this bark is likely loads more nutritious than most other desserts.
….And so worth it!
It’s also the perfect edible gift to give if you still have a special someone on your list to spoil. It’s especially ideal for co-workers, your mailman, local law enforcement or anyone that you particularly appreciate, but may not get the chance to tell them often enough. Homemade holiday gifts are truly one of my favorite things. You can’t beat a thoughtful, personalized gift that is truly made with love.
Not to mention, chocolate is the gift that keeps on giving, right?? 🙂
This recipe is extremely customizable and you could essentially add in any toppings you like. One of my
favorites essentials is Blue Diamond Lightly Salted Almonds. They add the perfect dose of salt to nail that irresistible sweet & salty combo. I also find that coconut and orange are the perfect flavor compliments to dark chocolate. Mmmmm…
Speaking of perfect combos, I’m thinking this bark would taste mighty fine with that midnight glass of champagne on New Years Eve. I know I plan on making multiple batches for my best friend’s NYE party next week. And I MIGHT even share some with the other party guests. 😉
It’s festive, delicious and super simple to make. What’s not to love?! I hope you all continue to have the happiest of holidays!
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds.
Dark Chocolate Orange Almond Bark
- 8 ounces of good quality dark chocolate I used Godiva 72% dark, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup Blue Diamond Lightly Salted Almonds
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- Zest of one large orange
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil over double boiler using hot but not boiling water, stirring regularly as the chocolate melts. When you have just a few small unmelted chunks, remove bowl from heat, add about half of the orange zest and continue to stir until the chocolate is smooth.
- Pour almost all of the chocolate onto a foil or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Using a rubber spatula, spread the chocolate evenly until it is about 1/8 – 1/4 inch thick. Reserve about 2 tbsp for the final drizzle.
- Sprinkle almonds, coconut and remaining orange zest evenly over chocolate. Using a small spoon, drizzle the remaining melted chocolate over toppings.
- Refrigerate until the bark hardens (~45 mins-1 hr). Break into pieces and enjoy!