Soft and chewy peanut butter oat cookies that are gluten-free, dairy-free and low in both fat and sugar. These cookies come together in a cinch and are the perfect healthy treat to have on hand.
I have been having ENDLESS sweet cravings lately. I don’t know if it’s the cold weather, lack of sleep or too much Instagram browsing, but I find myself constantly thinking about sweets.
Cookies, froyo, chocolate, brownies, almond-butter stuffed dates (a must try!), you name it. Basically every time I eat something savory, I’m immediately scrounging the kitchen (or my desk drawers) looking for something to satisfy my stubborn sweet tooth.I’ve therefore been on a quest to come up with simple, relatively low-calorie dessert recipes that will assuage my craving. Enter: these peanut butter oat cookies!
I don’t know about you guys, but I can be oddly picky about my cookies. I somewhat loathe store-bought, but only because the only texture you usually get is crunchy (unless it’s a Chips Ahoy chewy cookie, but then all you get is chewy!). The struggle. If I want a cookie, I want a gooood cookie. I want a nice crunch on the outer edge and a chewy center that just leaves me in daze wanting 10 more. You know what I mean.
That is part of why I was so giddy about these little rounds of joy. Over the weekend, I made two batches in TWO days and they were all gone by Sunday evening. Not even a crumb was traceable. Whoops!These cookies are SO simple, require minimal ingredients (most of which you probably already have on hand) and they are down-right delicious. They have the perfect crisp around the edges, yet are soft and chewy on the inside.
They are a great pre or post-workout snack, perfect for that mid-afternoon energy lull and, of course, the ideal healthy dessert. Because let’s face it, what IS dessert with some form of nut butter?!I also heard a rumor that today is national chocolate day, sooo it looks like I need to add a dreamy dark chocolate drizzle to the batch I make tonight.
5-Ingredient, Flourless Peanut Butter Oat Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats use certified gluten-free oats if making GF
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Truvia baking blend or granulated sweetener of choice
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together egg and Truvia for ~1 minute, until smooth and creamy. Add in peanut butter and beat again for ~1 minute until well-combined.
- Stir in oats and baking soda, mixing until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or small spoon, spoon out balls of dough and place on a greased cookie sheet ~2 inches apart. You can either use a fork to push down the dough to slightly flatten out the cookies, or you can leave the dough balls rounded. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are slightly golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.