Chili-lemon seasoned salmon roasted to flaky perfection with crispy purple potatoes and zucchini. This one-pan, family-friendly meal will make weeknights easier and tastier. Some people say that juicy tomatoes mark the official start of summer, but for me, it’s fresh wild salmon — with a firm flesh and rich flavor tinged by the Alaskan waters. You truly can’t beat it.
Here, we slather it in a kicky chili-lemon marinade complete with honey, aromatics, herbs, and spices to bring its inherent sweetness and unrivaled richness to life. Oh, and side dishes? We have those covered, too. Purple potatoes and zucchini rounds roast on the same sheet pan with the fish, soaking up the flavors in the process.
The potatoes are pre-roasted to optimize their crispiness before joining forces with the salmon and zucchini for the final roast. Not only is this weeknight dinner easy to make, but it’s also brimming with heart-healthy omega-3 fats, powerful antioxidants anthocyanin and vitamin C, and blood pressure supporting potassium.
So you could say this all-in-one meal does the body and the taste buds mighty good.
If you can’t find purple potatoes, any baby potato will do the job. Just make sure to give them ample room on the sheet pan to roast and caramelize. If they don’t have enough space to breathe, they’ll end up steaming instead of crisping.
And feel free to use any quick-cooking vegetable in place of zucchini, if you like. Asparagus or green beans also work like a charm.
Minimal fuss and cleanup with maximum flavor – what’s not to love?
- 1 lb. wild Alaskan salmon, skin-on
- 3 cups halved baby purple potatoes
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. sea salt, divided
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped shallots
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 lemons
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into rounds
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place potatoes on sheet pan. Add 1 Tbsp. olive oil, ½ tsp. salt, and ¼ tsp. black pepper; toss to combine. Spread out evenly and roast 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil, shallots, garlic, juice of 1 lemon, honey, chili powder, paprika, dried basil, and remaining ½ tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. black pepper in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Toss potatoes and move to outer surface of pan, creating an open center. Place salmon, skin-down, in the center of the pan. Sprinkle zucchini rounds around salmon. Pour most of marinade over salmon, rubbing into flesh. Drizzle remaining marinade over zucchini and potatoes; toss to coat. Cut remaining lemon into thin slices and place on top of salmon. Roast at 425°F for 15 to 20 minutes, until salmon has reached desired level of doneness.