Baked salmon filets with a sweet honey glaze and crunchy almond crust with the perfect hint of spice. Master the balance of savory and sweet with this simple, delicious dish.
Let’s just take a moment to highlight the real MVP of the hour – Blue Diamond’s Bold Sriracha almonds. For someone who would literally carry around Sriracha in her purse if it didn’t hog the space of my other snacks, this is MAJOR. Favorite snack + favorite condiment = foodie heaven.
I just feel like all snacks should be made in a Sriracha flavor. Baked chips, rice cakes, crackers, CEREAL. Let’s just be bold.
Not to be confused with my last salmon recipe that also included Sriracha. I can’t help myself. The two just belong together.
I served this salmon over a bed of tri-colored quinoa with sautéed asparagus, but i’m also thinking it would be totally delicious on top of a big salad with a citrus or balsamic dressing. Dress it up, scale it down or heck, eat it between two pieces of toasty bread. It’s flaky and flavorful but most of all, it’s SO SIMPLE. The bold flavor of the almonds add all of the spice you need. Is anything more appealing than a 3-item ingredient list and estimated prep time of 5 minutes?
Not only is salmon the most rich, flavorful fish (in my opinion), but it’s also rich in heart-healthy omega-3 fats, an excellent source of protein and brimming with many vitamins and minerals. The almond crust acquires a toasted flavor reminiscent of brown butter while the salmon roasts and adds the best texture and crunch. I can foresee many remakes of this dish in the very near future.
Honey Sriracha Almond Crusted Salmon
- 1 lb salmon, sliced into three filets
- 1/4 cup Blue Diamond Bold Sriracha Almonds
- 1.25 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Coat salmon filets evenly with honey. Rub into flesh.
- Place almonds in a zip-lock bag, removing any excess air. Using a mallet or mason char, lightly pound on the almonds until they are sufficiently crushed. You could also pulse them a few times in a food processor.
- Sprinkle crushed almonds evenly over salmon filets, lightly pressing into flesh.
- Place salmon filets skin-down on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Serve!
Nutrition Facts per Serving (1 filet)
Calories: 304; Total Fat: 14 gm; Saturated Fat: 1 gm; Cholesterol: 83 mg; Sodium: 100 mg; Carbohydrates: 16 gm; Fiber: 1 gm; Sugar: 14 gm; Protein: 31 gm