Overnight oats are one of my favorite breakfasts to prepare during the week. As much as I love a bowl of hot oats, summers in Florida leave very little to be desired when it comes to piping hot foods. Plus, if you’re a morning exerciser like myself, there is just something about a post-workout bowl of cold, creamy oats that really hits the spot.
Overnight oats also serve as the perfect breakfast-on-the-go for busy workweek mornings. If you’re either not hungry first thing in the morning or run out of time to make breakfast, just grab your jar of oats and you’re good to go.
This recipe may be a close runner-up behind my all-time favorite – Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats. Shockingly enough, I don’t even feel the need to add mass amounts of peanut butter to the banana coconut cream pie oats. The flavor profile is just so light and refreshing, I don’t even think my usual spoonful of PB would enhance the taste. Who am I?!
I love using 0% fat Greek yogurt as an alternative to cool whip or whipped cream. I simply sweeten it with a little Stevia and vanilla extract and it becomes a nutritious, delicious alternative to an otherwise sugar-laden dessert topping. I use it on pancakes, waffles, oats and even real slices of pie… which I’m totally craving as I type up this post.
Give your breakfast a tasty twist this week by preparing these overnight oats. They are a delicious reason to get out of bed in the morning!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk - Or Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Coconut Milk
- ⅓ of a ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tbsp. 0% fat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 2-3 tsp Stevia or granulated sweetener of choice
- Toppings: sliced banana, walnuts, coconut flakes and 0% fat plain Greek yogurt sweetened with Stevia and a dash of vanilla extract (to mimic cool whip or whipped cream)
- Add all ingredients (except toppings) in a mason jar or Tupperware container. Refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, top with banana slices, walnuts, coconut flakes and "whipped" topping. Serve!